I was having a drink with a friend the other day and we were discussing about how often the demands of everyday life; family, relationships, work, and the like, can lead us to neglect ourselves in favour of trying to keep everything going. Us mums especially are prone to giving up their own well being to ensure that everyone else is kept happy, and yet in real terms if ‘we’ aren’t happy then no one else is happy either.
Now that’s not just lip service, have a think about how it feels after you go and have your hair done, you walk out of the salon feeling like a million dollars and everything else seems a little bit brighter (even if sometimes it’s just for a few minutes). So it got me thinking that given 2013 is only a few weeks away, why not resolve to put some time aside each week for ourselves to do something that helps restore our mind, body, and spirit.
My Resolution is all about water. I’ve decided that once a week I will either spend some time at the beach listening to the waves crash on the shore (something that always makes be feel better), or draw a nice hot bath, light some candles and listen to some relaxing music, or I might head over to my friend’s place to have a spa in her pool, or if I am feeling particularly in need of repair I will have a restorative soak in the local mineral pools. This connection with water just seems to always lift my spirits and the options can easily fit into my life without too much hassle or expense!
So here’s the Giveaway bit
What you can Win:
– A $50 Silk Spa voucher, or
– Nimue Hand Repair, or
– emerginC Sunblock, or
– Nimue Body Lotion
This is how you Enter:
– Share your ‘Self Care Resolution’ for 2013 in the comments
– Subscribe to this blog (choose follow on the bottom lhs & enter your email address)
– Tell me which of the items you would like to win
Not compulsory but I’d love it if you shared this blog too ❤
– There is one prize
– The Silk Spa voucher is only redeemable at their salon in New Plymouth
– Contest open to New Zealanders only
– Competition runs from 1st Dec to 21st December (winner will be announced on this blog on the 21st)